Edible Wedding Favors: Sweet Treats for Guests
Couples are going for the crowd-pleasers with the latest trend in wedding favors. Edible options, such as personalized chocolate truffle favors and elaborately decorated wedding cookies, are becoming popular in the favor world as a way to say thank-you and send guests home with an enjoyable treat. This trend also reflects an overall idea being embraced in weddings today: couples want to spoil and wow their guests!
If you know you’d like to wow your reception guests with an edible favor, but aren’t sure which direction to go, we’ve compiled some fun ideas and tips.
- Edible favors can playfully reflect your wedding theme or the season. For example, margarita mix sets or salt water taffy can be perfect for a summer beach wedding while gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate mix can be good choices for the holiday wedding theme.
- There are plenty of opportunities for personalization when it comes to edible wedding favors. Scrumptious sugar cookies (in the shape of wedding cakes or romantic hearts) can easily feature your monogram and wedding date. Frosting colors can also carefully match your wedding color palette. You can put a thank-you message on personalized wedding gum favors or design your own wrapper for a Hershey chocolate bar.
- Many newlyweds are creating elaborate wedding candy buffets as a unique and fun way for their guests to enjoy some treats at the end of the reception. Take-home bags and wedding favor boxes are often made available for them to bring home the delicious sweets.
- Edible favors don’t necessarily have to be sweet selections. Gourmet olive oil in beautiful glass jars, tea bag kits, and specialty coffees can also work nicely.
- Keep things local to remind guests of the special place where your wedding was held. Locally baked cupcakes, maple syrup, honey, or anything sweet that originated in the city where you wed can be special favors.
Keep Reading Smart Choice: One Venue For Both Wedding and Reception.